• Award Winning Toddler Toys • We have six toddler toys that are the top award winners in the Best Educational Toys category for 2019. These award winning toys are perfect for both boys and girls for all toddler ages: for 1 year olds, 2 year olds, 3 year olds, 4 year olds…and even 5 year olds.
In a hurry?
If you’re wondering what educational toys for toddlers have won awards in 2019, keep reading and you’ll find out.
- Best Toddler Educational Toys
- 1st Place Winner – Best Educational Toys for Toddlers
- Educational Toys 2 Year Olds LOVE
- 2nd Place Best Educational Toy
- 3rd Place Best Educational Toy
- 4th Place Best Educational Toy
- 5th Place Best Educational Toy
- 6th Place Best Educational Toy
- More Educational Toys for Toddlers & Preschoolers
Best Toddler Educational Toys
1st Place Winner – Best Educational Toys for Toddlers
And the winner for Best Educational Toy for 2019 is…
- — Winner of Infant/Toddler Toy of the Year
- — Large, multi-color LED grid tummy
- — Fun “dancing” action gets his hips shaking and head nodding 3 modes grow with baby!
- — Dance ‘n Move: Fun, energizing music encourages your toddler to move around
- — Includes “Freeze Dance”
Just LOOK at how cute it is!
This futuristic friend even allows mommy or baby to record a phrase, and he’ll remix it into his favorite song!
His 3 modes – Dance ‘n Move, Learning & Games, and Customized Sing-Along – “grow” with our child to make him a fun, entertaining companion for years to come!
And all the while, he’s introducing your toddler to letters, colors, counting, music, cause & effect and much more!
Educational Toys 2 Year Olds LOVE
When it comes to the best educational toys that 2 year-olds really love, here is a short list:
Those are all exceptional educational toys for 2 year olds specifically – and they LOVE to play with them!
2nd Place Best Educational Toy
This interactive, touch-sensitive light bar features innovative Smart Touch Technology that responds to your toddler’s touch with music, lights, colors, sung songs & much more.
3 ways to play as baby grows: Piano Play, Dance Party and Learning & Games. It’s the ultimate toy for introducing baby to colors, numbers, ABCs, music, cause & effect and much more – while helping to strengthen motor skills and stimulate baby’s senses of sight, hearing and touch! Busy activities, like ramps for fun ball play, a spinner and a colorful, bat-at roller ball, encourage baby to move and explore all around! This great play space will take baby from sitting to crawling to standing and cruising – providing learning and entertainment for every age, from infant to toddler.
3rd Place Best Educational Toy
Bring a soft, tummy-time friend to Play, Stow, and Go! Whether it’s an afternoon at the grandparents’ house or it’s time to cook dinner, now it’s easier to bring playtime almost anywhere.
This busy elephant plush packs big fun with lots of colors, textures, sounds, and 7 activities for your child to explore. Little ones can discover themselves in the mirror, squeeze the squeaker, shake the rattle, and much more!
And don’t worry if this pink elephant friend gets dirty, just toss it into a pillowcase and into the washing machine to clean. When it’s time to pack up for your next adventure with baby, you can quickly fold it up for easy storage and portability. It’s fun for your toddler, and easy for you!
4th Place Best Educational Toy
Dive into adventure! This 3 in 1 Adventure Course stimulates and entertains your baby throughout 3 key developmental milestones. When sitting, your baby gets tactile with features like the submarine Peek-A-Boo door, the marine stretch wall, ball drop periscope and multiple clicker knobs. When crawling, watch your baby explore the course, discovering new ways to play. And when standing, through sounds and phrases from their new octopus friend, your toddler will be encouraged to play ball!
• Three interchangeable play stations for multiple course combinations and easy storage
• Submarine play station: Peek A Boo door with rotating wheel, ball drop, stretch wall, clicker knobs and spinners
• Underwater play station: Crawl-through canopy and repositionable rattle link toy
• Octopus play station: Pull-me-up handles, ball drop, clickers, spinners, rewarding sounds and phrases when baby stands!
• 20+ encouraging reward sounds babies will love
• Batteries: 3AA required (not included)
• Ages 6-36 months
5th Place Best Educational Toy
Little ones love watching Elmo play with his friends on Sesame Street. Now it’s their turn to play along with Elmo: Meet Play All Day Elmo! This cuddly and interactive Elmo toy includes 8 games and activities and 150+ responses to help keep kids engaged.
Play All Day Elmo has 2 modes of play (Toddler and Preschool) to encourage both younger and older children to have fun. Young children can enjoy basic cause-and-effect play in Toddler mode, like tickling Elmo or squeezing his nose to see how Elmo might respond. Preschool mode takes play to the next level by encouraging preschoolers to play games and activities, like “Red Light Green Light,” “Pat-a-Cake,” “Freeze Dance,” and more! When playtime is over, preschoolers can cuddle with him while listening to a lullaby. After everyone is rested, your child can start the fun again!
6th Place Best Educational Toy
Experience your favorite stories on the big screen. Simply place your Press’n Play character on the screen of your smart device to unlock y our favorite story. Then though a wireless connection with the projector, watch as the story magically comes to life on the wall.
This Tech 4 Kids Story Time Theater features:
- Read -Along Mode: Parents or child read the digital story on the app and control projector by turning the pages on the app, which will turn the pages on the wall
- Storytime Mode: The parent/child controls the projector by turning the pages of the digital book within the app and the story is read to them by the narrator
- Bedtime Mode: Projector automatically plays book while Narrator reads story through and then transitions to a starry sky night light with gentle music and an auto shut off when finished
More Educational Toys for Toddlers & Preschoolers
Parents are well aware that educational toys can help with their children’s brain development and problem-solving skills. It can be frustrating, though, to discover that many educational toys are very expensive. If you are looking for an alternative to pricey educational toys, here are some great ideas for cheap toys that are developmentally-appropriate for toddlers and preschoolers. It’s good to know that you can buy toys that can promote learning without breaking the bank.
For toddlers who are 12 to 18 months old, toys that help them practice spatial skills, dumping and sorting are the most appropriate. At this age, babies love to toss things into a container and dump them out again. They can do this for hours without getting bored. Stacking toys help toddlers to sort and organize objects. You can find many cheap toys for stacking, such as stackable plastic cups and rings. These toys help little toddlers develop their hand-to-eye coordination. Toddlers can also enforce their spatial skills of “in” and “out”. Young preschoolers will also love playing with blocks and shapes that they can sort into containers. Other cheap educational toys for this age group are pounding toys and books.
For toddlers who are 2 to 3 years old, consider buying toys that enhance their large muscles and develop fine motor skills. Balls of different sizes are cheap toys that will provide loads of fun for young children while building large muscles and enhancing hand-eye coordination. Simple puzzles, building blocks, coloring and painting activities, etc. can also provide opportunities to develop their mental and problem-solving skills.
At this age, toddlers love to play make believe games. Old Halloween costumes and discarded hats and clothing can foster role-playing and pretend play. These toys are not only cheap but they may even cost you next to nothing. Your toddler, however, will get loads of fun out of the costumes and accessories.
When you buy inexpensive playthings, always take note of the recommended age range of the toy. Even if your child is advanced for his age, it does not mean that he can handle a toy meant for older children. Aside from skill levels, safety concerns must be taken into account, such as choking hazards.
Here's What's New:
- Popsicles with Alcohol For The Grown Ups – Poptails and Shotsicle Recipes We Love
- 5 Easy Summer Salads for a Crowd – Summer Salad Recipes We Love
- Farmhouse Kitchen Ideas on a Budget
- What Your Sleep Position Says About Your Relationship (How Couples Sleep and What It MEANS)
- DIY Foyer Decorating Ideas For Small Foyers and Apartment Entryways
- Easy DIY Closet Organizing System (7 Easy Steps)