Whether you live on the coast or in the inland mountain ranges, a nautical theme can be used to make any room in the house shine. And what really brings a room together? Throw and decorative pillows!
In a rush?
Designers have been using throw pillows for years as wonderful decorations in any room in the room. They are functional, comfortable, and look great no matter where you put them.
But what about nautical themed pillows exactly? What do they specifically do to bring a room together? In this article, we’re about to “dive in” and find out.
Coastal Throw Pillows
Sometimes you just want to bring a taste of the salty sea into your room. With coastal throw pillows, you can do just that.
These pillows are usually decorated with a variety of seaside ventures: waves, creatures, birds, fish, and even sand castles. There are even “panoramic” pillows that make one giant picture when you put them all together.
These in particular look great in window nooks and on couches, as you can line them up and tell a great coastal story.
But they don’t stop there. The great thing about coastal throw pillows is just how many varieties there are of them. If you want one part of your room to have a crustacean theme, get a pillow with a crab on it and put it there. The same goes for fish, birds, or anything else you can come up with that keeps with the theme. If you have a house overlooking the ocean, you can bring a part of that seaside beauty inside even on the dreariest days.
Anchor Throw Pillows
Anchors away! As a staple of any nautical themed room, anchor throw pillows do a great job of bringing some fun into any room. Most anchor pillows are anchor shaped… but unlike their real life counterparts, these ones are soft, squishy, and great for kids and animals to sleep on. They also add a bit of flair to a room, as they do not come in the conventional pillow shape. Of course, you can get regular square and rectangle pillows with a picture of an anchor on them too.
Nautical Decorative Pillows
Sometimes a pillow depicting a creature or the actual sea isn’t what you want. What you really want is a pillow that strives for a pure nautical theme. As in, you want one that depicts the rough, the gruff, and the might that is working on the sea. Fishermen and explorers have used a great nautical theme in their homes for years, bringing their work indoors in a really wonderful way. With nautical decorative pillows, you can do the same.
These are the pillows that make you feel like you’re on a ship or in a seaside tavern inviting in the local fishermen. Motifs from sails, wheels, and lighthouses are all very popular in this realm. The biggest decision you have here is picking between the classic, good guy nautical or a very festive pirate theme! After all, pirates sailed the seven seas too, but they did it with their own darker flair.
Bringing in nautical throw pillows when decorating your home is one of the greatest ways to bring together your maritime look. From bedrooms, to living rooms, to offices, and even to bathrooms, you will soon discover that your new pillows do more than just look cute or fantastic – they also provide a very important and comforting function. So sit back, relax, and watch it all fit together like the best decorative puzzle you have ever undertaken.
Nautical Accent Pillows We LoveSeapoint “Welcome Aboard” Throw Pillow
Set Of 3 Nautical Theme 14″ By 14″ Throw Pillows
Pair of Blue / White Striped Nautical Throw Pillows 18 In. X 11 In.
Pin Any Image From This Page:
- Brilliant and Easy Baby Closet Organization and Nursery… Want to easily organize the nursery closet? Need some organization ideas, tips, hacks, and DIY inspiration to completely organize your baby's closet? You're in the right place! On this page…
- Small Kitchen DIY Ideas – Before & After Remodel… Tiny Kitchen DIY Ideas: If you have a tiny kitchen AND you're on a budget, a small kitchen remodel can seem almost impossible with limited space and limited funds. Good…
- Baby Led Weaning: My Experience, Tips, First Foods and Tips Ready to start baby-led weaning (called BLW for short or referred to as 'baby led feeding')? Here’s some advice and tips from a mom who knows how to do baby-led…
- 12+ Unique DIY Sensory Board Ideas for Toddlers Busy board ideas! Lots of unique DIY sensory board pictures and ideas so YOU can make a homemade sensory board for your toddler or baby. Have you thought about making…
- Farmhouse Kitchen Canister Sets and Farmhouse Decor Ideas Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to kitchen decorating idea, but you would be hard pressed to find many that do not like the cozy, welcoming atmosphere of…
- Mason Jar Cupcakes – Easy DIY Cupcakes in a Jar Looking for come creative cupcakes ideas? Take a look below at these super easy mason jar cupcakes recipes and DIY how to instructions I've collected on this page. We've collected…
- YETI Coolers – Worth It? Or Just Hype? (YETI Reviews… YETI ice chest coolers... worth it? Or over-priced hype? Here's what I found out. Everywhere I look these days, someone has a YETI cooler or tumbler or coozie…. it’s crazy!…
- Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ Blender Review Is the Nutri Ninja Auto IQ Blender REALLY worth the money and all the "best blender EVER" hype? Are there better blender options than the Ninja Auto IQ model? Is…
- Tiny Laundry Room Ideas – Space Saving DIY Creative… Tiny Laundry Room Ideas and Pictures: If you have a small laundry room in your home or apartment, you know the struggle is REAL trying to get the most out…
- Unique and Easy Thanksgiving Desserts – Fun &… When coming up with ideas for Thanksgiving desserts, your sure don't want to make the same ol thing, right? How about trying one of the unique and easy Thanksgiving dessert…