Top-Rated Convertible Car Seats – Which are Safest?
After taking a look at the top rated all in one car seats we started wondering, “Which are the SAFEST convertible car seats on the market?” – Here’s what we found out.
Alrighty, before we get started, I just want to let you know that all opinions are my own and that as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Many links found on this page may take you to another website (and they should open in a new window so you don't lose your place). Enjoy and feel free to share with your friends!
If you’re in a hurry…
If you’re comparing all-in-one convertible car seats to find the safest options available, let me share what I learned before buying our all-in-one car seat.
Shopping for a car seat is not only confusing, it is down-right overwhelming, isn’t it? It made my head SPIN while trying to pick the best all-in-one car seat for my new grandson.
If YOU are feeling overwhelmed and confused as to WHICH all-in-one car seat is the best and the safest…
Here’s some GOOD news:
I have narrowed it down to the following all-in-one convertible car seats that are considered ‘best’.
#1 – Graco Milestone All-in-One Convertible Car Seat , Domino#2 – Graco 4ever All-in-One Convertible Car Seat, Matrix#3 – Evenflo Symphony DLX All-In-One Convertible Car Seat, Ocala#4 – EVENFLO 34611644 Symphony DLX All in One Alexandria
Top 3 Safest All In One Car Seats
These are the top 3 best-rated All-In-One car seats according to Consumer Reports:
All-In-One Car Seat Reviews
- Graco Milestone All-In-One Car Seat
- 3-in-1 convertible car seat transforms from a rear-facing infant car seat from 5 - 40 pounds, to a forward-facing car seat from 20 - 65 pounds, to a belt-positioning booster 30 - 100 pounds
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts the height of your harness and headrest, in one motion, to ensure that your child is always properly secured.
- 4-position recline helps keep your growing child comfy, in rear- and forward-facing modes
- Graco's exclusive InRight LATCH attachment provides an easy, one-second attachment with an audio click cue to help ensure secure installation
- In addition to meeting or exceeding all applicable US safety standards, the Milestone car seat has been side impact tested for occupant retention solely with the built-in 5-point harness system
- Graco 4Ever All-In-One Car Seat
- 4-in-1 seat grows with your child, so you can enjoy 10 years of use, from 4 - 120 lb Extend2Fit 4-position extension panel provides 5" additional leg room
- Up to 50 lb rear-facing allowing your child to safely ride rear-facing longer plush inserts keep your child comfortable washable seat cover is easy to remove without removing the harness
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System headrest and Harness adjust together one-hand, 10-position adjustable headrest easily adapts for your growing child
- In Right LATCH system for an easy, one-second LATCH attachment integrated belt lock-off for easy vehicle seat belt installation easy-to-read level indicator helps eliminate rear-facing installation guesswork
- 2 integrated cup holders keeps your child's drinks or snacks close at hand integrated harness storage compartment holds unused harness straps while in the belt positioning booster mode
- EvenFlo Symphony All-In-One Car Seat with SureLATCH
Current #1 Best-Rated All-In-One Car Seat
3 used from $135.37
We're thinking about getting this All-In-One convertible car seat since Consumer Reports says it's safest. Thoughts? Anyone else have one? http://amzn.to/2rhZYcU
#2 Rated All-In-One Car Seat
6 used from $203.19
#3 Rated All-In-One Car Seat
17 used from $132.99
- This All-In-One Convertible Car Seat fitting children from 5-110 lbs. is the only car seat you'll ever need providing rear-facing, forward facing and booster capabilities
- The Symphony Elite helps protect rear facing infants from 5-40 lbs., forward facing toddlers from 22-65 lbs. and high back booster mode supports children 40-110 lbs.
- Easy to install in vehicles in only 60 seconds using Evenflo's exclusive, auto-retracting Sure LATCH connectors with no pulling necessary
- The 5-point Infinite Slide harness easily slides to adjust for an accurate fit every time which means easy in and out for your child
- Evenflo's proprietary e3 Side Impact Protection significantly reduces side impact crash forces up to 50% through 3 layers of expanded zone protection
All-In-One Car Seat FAQ
What Are “All-In-One” Car Seats?
An “All-In-One” car seat is a car seat that is suitable for infants all the way up until they no longer need a carseat. They also can be use forward-facing and rear-facing making these car seats suitable for children of all ages and weights from birth to toddler on up.
All-In-One Car Seat vs Convertible Car Seat?
What’s the difference between an “All-In-One” car seat and a “Convertible” car seat? There really isn’t a difference for the most part. When a car seat is called “convertible”, that means it can be used rear-facing in your vehicle or forward-facing.
Are All-In-One Car Seats Safe?
The biggest question comes from concerned parents who want to know: Are All In One Car Seats SAFE? Are they safe for INFANTS too?
Yes, all-in-one car seats are safe.
Convertible “All-In-One” car seats usually have a higher limit on height and weight which means you can keep your child rear-facing in your vehicle for a longer amount of time – and rear-facing is THE safest position for a car seat in your vehicle.
A GOOD all-in-one car seat (like the ones found on this page) have all been thoroughly tested for safety.
The video below shows how car seats are tested for safety:
In an All-In-One Car Seat Worth the Money?
Is an All in One car seat worth it? Or should you pick a different type of car seat?
For most parents, an All In One Car Seat is DEFINITELY worth the money. Instead of buying a new car seat for every age when a child needs a car seat, they only have to buy ONE car seat.
Car Seat Safety Guidelines
If you need to know what type of car seat your child needs by age, this page on SaferCar.gov is very helpful.
After doing some MAJOR research, we picked this All-In-One car seat – affordable and SAFE – https://t.co/ORBhHkeMgP
— Involvery (@Involvery) May 24, 2017
All-In-One Car Seat Safety Ratings
Which All In One car seat is the safest according to testing and safety ratings?
These are the current top 3 Best-rated and safest all-in-one car seats:
All-In-One Car Seats on Sale TODAY
Amazon has deals and sales on many different brands of All-In-One Car seats everyday…