Easy Yoga Poses For Stress Relief –
Let’s take a look at some EASY Yoga Poses for stress relief (which ALL moms need, right?). These yoga poses below are great for beginners and will help moms fight stress and anxiety – and get better sleep.
Yoga is an excellent exercise for stress relief. If nothing else, the deep breathing exercises that are part and parcel of yoga will help you find stress relief. Yoga is an excellent way to tune out the troubles of the world and relax, now take a deep breath …
Let’s all just admit it – mom life is STRESSFUL! (isn’t THAT the Understatement of the Year, right?!?)
Whether you’re a working mom or stay at home mom, the stress is REAL – and stress is NOT good for us at all.
Now more that ever, yoga exercise as a method for stress relief makes more sense than ever. Stress, from just trying to keep pace with the hustle and bustle of everyday life, is killing us. There is more heart disease, strokes and other illness caused by stress than at any time in our history. Stress is the culprit in many health related problems from migraines to insomnia. It is a leading cause of weight gain, high blood pressure, poor digestion and other diseases. In fact, it has been said that stress is the leading cause of disease in America today.
With all the stress that the body is subjected to, it is no wonder that the nervous system of many people is completely shot, leaving us feeling depleted and overwhelmed. Yoga exercise can help relieve this stress. You concentrate on achieving the various poses, breathing deeply, and relaxing. You not only build up your strength and increase your flexibility, but equally important, you recharge your energy levels and reduce your stress levels.
Yoga is probably the best exercise method for reducing stress and improving your mental health. So, the next time you start feeling stressed out, just relax, take a deep breath and hold that pose. Your body will thank you for it.
4 Easy Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
Each yoga pose below is a challenge to be met, and a lesson in stress release. There are several “grounding” poses which will help increase your focus and calm you during your day. You don’t have to be an experienced yoga practitioner to reap the benefits of these poses. Remember to focus your energy downwards. Be conscious of the earth beneath you, in all its rhythms.
1) Mountain Pose – Stand with your feet no more than shoulder width apart, hands loose by your side. Relax your shoulders and neck. Your knees should be slightly bent, not locked. Close your eyes, and let gravity take hold. Focus on the feeling of the floor beneath your feet as your weight sinks downwards, and braces you. As with all yoga poses, inhale fully and slowly, and exhale completely.
2) Tree Pose – Start in mountain pose. Slowly let your right foot travel up the inside of your left leg until the arch braces against the inside of the knee. Your free hip should be turned out. You can bring your hands, palms together, to heart center, or raise them over your head. This is a balance move, but I find it very grounding because of the focus on the standing leg, and the controlled breathing. Slowly lower your leg, and switch to the other side. Keep your breathing steady.
3) Forward Fold – This basic pose loosens the tension in your back. Start in mountain pose, and slowly raise your arms over your head. Dive down, and let your whole body relax. Allow the arms to dangle loosely, and feel the feet plant into the floor. Inhale deeply, and as you exhale let your body relax just a little more, folding inwards, head towards the floor.
4) Warrior Pose – There is just something about this pose that feels powerful, yet at the same time it is very meditative. Extend your right leg into a forward lunge, but don’t go too deep. Your torso should face the side of the room, but your gaze is over your knee. Your arms are lifted, right arm in front extending over your bent leg, left arm in back. Sink into the lunge. Remember to breathe.
Easy Yoga Poses for Better Sleep
If the stress in your life is interfering with your sleep quality, try these easy yoga poses for better sleep – they work REALLY well!
More Great Info for Moms:
Here's What's New:
- Unicorn Crafts for Kids – Cute & Easy DIY Unicorn Craft Ideas
- Jack Daniels Bottle Crafts – 99+ DIY Whiskey Bottle Crafts Ideas
- Popsicles with Alcohol For The Grown Ups – Poptails and Shotsicle Recipes We Love
- 5 Easy Summer Salads for a Crowd – Summer Salad Recipes We Love
- Farmhouse Kitchen Ideas on a Budget
- What Your Sleep Position Says About Your Relationship (How Couples Sleep and What It MEANS)