The way couples sleep each night says a LOT about the state of their marriage / relationship as a whole. How do you and YOUR partner sleep together? Do you know what that body language really means? Are you the “big spoon” or the “little spoon”? Do you sleep back to back? Ever wondered what the sleeping position for your and your partner means about your relationship?
I was reading this over on Yahoo and thought it was not only interesting, but pretty darn accurate as far as telling how your relationship is REALLY doing.
Because your subconscious mind controls the way you sleep with your partner, sleep body language can be an amazingly accurate way to assess what’s going on in your relationship – even if you can’t or don’t articulate those things while you’re awake.”
If you are the “little spoon”, you are telling your partner that you trust him/her – even at your most vulnerable moment (when sleeping).
However, if you’re the big spoon yet there is very little physical contact in that “spooning” sleep position, you are telling your partner that you’ve “got their back”.
If your sleep partner rests their head on your chest while sleeping, your partner is telling your that he/she depends on you.
Here’s the odd one – if you and your partner sleep face to face, one would think this is a very intimate and loving sleep position that implies all is well.
In reality, it really means that there is a distance in the relationship and one, or both, parts of the couple want/need more intimacy.
Now I think we all know what it means when a couple sleeps with their back to each other far on the opposite sides of the bed.
Yep… we’ve all been there/done that, right?
But, what if you two sleep back to back but only your backsides are touching?
Yep still means one, or both of you, needs space BUT not from your partner.
Perhaps life is stressful (and usually is) – parenting stress, kids, maybe even a new baby, job/work-related issues, overwhelm, etc. This body language in couple’s sleeping habits is saying, “Yes, I need space, but not from YOU“.
If you have a toddler running around, you can relate to needing some space yet still being absolutely in love with your partner.
Interesting, right? And really true as well.
Did you know there are 39 “poses”, or positions, that couples sleep in?
Pin Any Image From This Page:
- Brilliant and Easy Baby Closet Organization and Nursery… Want to easily organize the nursery closet? Need some organization ideas, tips, hacks, and DIY inspiration to completely organize your baby's closet? You're in the right place! On this page…
- Small Kitchen DIY Ideas – Before & After Remodel… Tiny Kitchen DIY Ideas: If you have a tiny kitchen AND you're on a budget, a small kitchen remodel can seem almost impossible with limited space and limited funds. Good…
- Baby Led Weaning: My Experience, Tips, First Foods and Tips Ready to start baby-led weaning (called BLW for short or referred to as 'baby led feeding')? Here’s some advice and tips from a mom who knows how to do baby-led…
- 12+ Unique DIY Sensory Board Ideas for Toddlers Busy board ideas! Lots of unique DIY sensory board pictures and ideas so YOU can make a homemade sensory board for your toddler or baby. Have you thought about making…
- Farmhouse Kitchen Canister Sets and Farmhouse Decor Ideas Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to kitchen decorating idea, but you would be hard pressed to find many that do not like the cozy, welcoming atmosphere of…
- Mason Jar Cupcakes – Easy DIY Cupcakes in a Jar Looking for come creative cupcakes ideas? Take a look below at these super easy mason jar cupcakes recipes and DIY how to instructions I've collected on this page. We've collected…
- Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ Blender Review Is the Nutri Ninja Auto IQ Blender REALLY worth the money and all the "best blender EVER" hype? Are there better blender options than the Ninja Auto IQ model? Is…
- YETI Coolers – Worth It? Or Just Hype? (YETI Reviews… YETI ice chest coolers... worth it? Or over-priced hype? Here's what I found out. Everywhere I look these days, someone has a YETI cooler or tumbler or coozie…. it’s crazy!…
- Tiny Laundry Room Ideas – Space Saving DIY Creative… Tiny Laundry Room Ideas and Pictures: If you have a small laundry room in your home or apartment, you know the struggle is REAL trying to get the most out…
- Unique and Easy Thanksgiving Desserts – Fun &… When coming up with ideas for Thanksgiving desserts, your sure don't want to make the same ol thing, right? How about trying one of the unique and easy Thanksgiving dessert…