Clever and CHEAP Small Space Storage Hacks – Super creative solutions for those that have too much STUFF and NOT enough space.
Let’s take a look at some creative DIY storage solutions for small spaces – from Small Rooms, Small Houses, Apartments, Cottages and Condos to tiny kitchens, small laundry rooms, small bedrooms and more.
Unique Storage Ideas
These space saving hacks below are so imaginative and unique – and so cheap to do (perfect for maximizing your storage space on a budget!).
Like this GENIUS storage hack – only a couple bucks at ant discount or dollar store near you!
If you don’t have a pantry, this cheap wall organizer could be VERY useful, don’t you agree?
Small apartments come with MANY storage challenges – here are some solutions that can really help if you’re trying to organize WITHOUT storage space.
It’s the simple little solutions that can make a BIG difference when organizing ALL your stuff in a tiny space.
Like ALL those charging cords and wires you have everywhere?
Some cheap clothespins from any dollar store, and you can easily organize all THAT clutter!
From a small bedroom to a tiny kitchen, let’s look at storage ideas for your coat closet, walls, shoes, bedroom, small bathroom and all those small spaces in a small house, condo or apartment.
If you’ve ever wondered HOW to organize a small house with NO storage space… this page is for YOU!
Wall Storage Ideas
I just love unique and imaginative storage ideas like this wall storage idea for shoes:
Storage Solutions For Small Spaces
Let’s look at some unique ways to organize a small room with some creative DIY storage ideas and small space storage solutions on a budget.
If you are thinking about some creative storage ideas for your small space it is best to think outside the box (pun intended).
There are plenty of artistic ways to store items such as candles, shoes and magazines.
All you need is a little know how, some paint and some random household items you might already have. So use those left over screws and paint from your last renovation and put them to some use.
Let’s look at some more clever small space storage ideas...
Storage For Small Apartments
Whether you’re renting an apartment or live in a condo, space saving hacks are super helpful for finding creative places to store all your stuff.
This next idea is found on this small apartment storage solutions page – such a clever and creative storage solution for under the sink in a small kitchen!
A good place to start is with hanging objects.
Whether it’s your little daughter with too many handbags or you with too many coats, hanging objects up is a great idea to empty some floor space.
A great idea is take a garden trellis and paint it. If your room has a theme color, use that to paint the wood.
Screw in hangers where the trellis wood crosses over each other.
Once the paint is dry and the hangers are secure, mount it on the wall.
Lynk Professional Roll Out Under Sink Cabinet Organizer - Pull Out Two Tier Sliding Shelf - 11.5 inch wide x 18 inch deep - Chrome
1 used from $58.49
- 2 tier slide out shelves organize those difficult under sink areas in kitchen, bathroom and laundry room cabinets
- Reversible design works in either the right or left side of cabinets and the top shelf includes a removable tray to hold wet sponges and brushes
- Professionally engineered with commercial quality steel and chrome construction
- Patented ProGlide industrial-grade ball bearing glide system ensures smooth, quiet sliding every time
- Proprietary Easy Mount design installs in minutes with no measuring
Another fantastic way to make use of wall space rather than floor space, is to collect old fruit or soda wooden crates.
You can paint them to look more formal, or leave them in their rustic wooden state for a more natural look.
Mount them onto the wall in groups. You can store books, photographs, vases or any other display items in the crates.
Students living in a small dorm room or large families that have to share one bathroom are always looking for innovative ways to hang their towels.
Most standard bathrooms come with only one or two towel hangers, which is not enough if there are four or five of you. One idea is to use short wooden curtain rails and mount them for more space.
source: nursery closet organizer ideas
Another idea for those with a bit more time and creativity is to use an old ladder as a storage unit.
You can paint orspray paint the ladder and use the rungs to hang your towels from.
Just prop the ladder up against the wall or if the towels are wet, open the ladder so the towels hang away from each other.
Furinno 99940LC/IV Basic 3x2 Bookcase Storage w/Bins, Light Cherry/Ivory
4 used from $33.27
- Simple stylish design yet functional and suitable for any room
- Material: Engineered particle board.
- Sturdy some assembly required
- Sturdy on flat surface. Some assembly required. Please see instruction.
- Holds up to 20 lbs per shelf. Product dimension: 31.6(W)x11.9(D)x23.6(H) inches.
Children have more stuff than most adults with all their toys and crafts.
Use a toy box to keep the toys all together or try these toy organization ideas.
If your child is old enough, think about raising their bed.
Loft beds are wonderful as they are high up, allowing plenty of room underneath for extra small cabinets, and even a table. This will free up some floor space for them to play in.
If you want to store your items for long periods, remember to pack them correctly.
Instead of packing your clothes in one box and your glasses in another, use your clothes to wrap your glasses in. They will help against breakages and keep your glass protected.
Furinno 99940 Basic 3X2 Bookcase Storage with 3-Collapsible Bins - Espresso/Brown
- Muti-functional shelf for display and storage
- Available in multiple modern colors
- Non-woven bins included for loose stuff
- Weight: 29.48 lbs
- Dimensions: 11.9"L x 31.6"W x 23.6"H
There are plenty of creative ways for storing items.
If you are someone who keeps everything chances are you already have all the materials to create great storage units.
Have a look in the shops for storage ideas and inspiration.
Get your friends and family involved with the painting and creating. DIY can be great fun so go wild.
For example, some cheap dollar store organization items can be used in creative ways to get get more storage space.
This idea for using cheap plastic magazine holders inside kitchen cabinet doors is SUCH a clever way to organize your foil, saran wrap, baggies, etc.
Or maybe your tiny kitchen does NOT have a pantry – how in the world can you get organized in a kitchen without pantry storage?!?!
This page has a ton of No Pantry Solutions that are really clever!
No Pantry Storage Solutions for Small Kitchens Without a Pantry * No Pantry? No Problem! Let’s take a look at some simple and clever DIY storage solutions for a small kitchen with NO pantry. If you are trying to figure out HOW to organize a kitchen without pantry space and …
Here are 20 MORE tips for getting more space in your small space.
More Ideas for Small Spaces
- Unique Storage Ideas
- Wall Storage Ideas
- Storage Solutions For Small Spaces
- Storage For Small Apartments
- Lynk Professional Roll Out Under Sink Cabinet Organizer - Pull Out Two Tier Sliding Shelf - 11.5 inch wide x 18 inch deep - Chrome
- Furinno 99940LC/IV Basic 3x2 Bookcase Storage w/Bins, Light Cherry/Ivory
- Furinno 99940 Basic 3X2 Bookcase Storage with 3-Collapsible Bins - Espresso/Brown
- More Ideas for Small Spaces
Mud Room Ideas-Rustic Farmhouse Mudroom Entryway PICTURES
- want a entryway mudroom in your foyer, laundry room or living room? check out these DIY ideas and pictures for inspiration...
47 Small Kitchen Ideas & Designs For a Low Cost Makeover
... from low cost simple kitchen designs to low budget makeover ideas for very small kitchen spaces, these before & after pics are amazing...
Small Laundry Room Ideas & Photos Of Low-Budget DIY Makeovers
- 57 inexpensive laundry room ideas for a cute & CHEAP small laundry room makeover on any budget with LOTS of pictures, ideas and inspiration for redecorating YOUR laundry area on ANY budget...
Fire Pit Seating Ideas-Simple DIY Fire Pit Ideas & Pictures
- beautiful homemade fire pit seating designs for your backyard fire pit area...