Fun and easy DIY scary, spooky, and creepy Halloween decoration ideas! Halloween is one of our favorite holidays here at Involvery – not only do we love scary and fun Halloween costumes, we all LOVE to decorate all over our house (inside AND outside) – so each year we collect some of our favorite DIY Halloween decorations that we can’t wait to try.
Halloween! Yes, that one time of the year wherein you can be whoever you like and decorate your place however you like it.
It is the only time where people appreciate graveyards and dead bodies on their front lawn.
The spookier it is, the better.
Decorating does not necessarily mean that you have to dig deep into your pockets in order to achieve that scary Halloween vibe. There are cheap ways for you to create awesome decorations.
Here are some tips and ideas.
Want to create that haunted house effect? Create a spooky silhouette and stick it onto your windows. Cut spooky figures from cardboards or paper. It can be a headless person, a serial killer, the ripper, whatever image you can think of. Paste in on your windows and have that spooky effect especially at night when you turn on your lights.
Creepy crawlers are a staple when it comes to Halloween. You can buy small spiders and creatively attach them on your window curtains, stairs, above your doors and entryways as well as in your tables. You can create a huge spider and have it placed on your lawn or your patio for a scarier vibe. You can use a huge Styrofoam ball as the body of your spider and pool noodles as your limbs. Paint it with black or attach black cotton balls onto its feet and body for a more creepy effect.
Ever had that feeling that someone is watching over you from afar? Recreate this with the use of those creepy dolls. This gives me the creeps even if it is not Halloween. Have them placed strategically in your house or your front lawn and surely it will give your friends and passersby the chills.
Halloween Party Pinata DIY ideas and instructions – super cute! Love the Pokemon GO Pokeball pinata idea! https://t.co/LzqC2umnHY
— Involvery.com (@Involvery) August 29, 2016
Head in a Jar
This is really a cheap trick. All you need is a jar, water and a picture of a head. You can simply have one printed out.
Place the image inside a jar filled with water and there you have it, a head in a jar. It is just about forced perspective.
Place this in your fridge and just wait for that scream. This site has the instructions.
Create some glowing eyes, you can use cardboards or paper plates and then place them behind bushes.
This would surely catch anyone’s attention.
This site shows how to make them with empty toilet paper rolls – clever!
Remember those floating candles in the Harry Potter Great hall?
You can replicate this by using old tissue roll painted white, insert some flickering light at the middle and then hang them with some nylon strings.
The effect is just so awesome.
There are still more tricks you can do. Just have that Imagination juices flowing and spook the heck out of your friends and neighbors.
No luck with creating DIY Halloween decorations?
You can still add fright into this special night with cheap Halloween decorations from PartiesOnline. Check out their website and get the best deals for your Halloween decoration needs this year. source
Glow in the Dark Ghost Decorations
These glow in the dark ghosts are super simple to make.
The only things you need are:
1 large clear plastic Christmas ornament (I found this at Michael’s Arts & Crafts for $1)
1 to 3 glow sticks (or glow necklaces) that are small enough to fit inside the ornament
Round black felt stickers, or black felt cut into cricles
6 feet of cheese cloth (most grocery stores sell this in the baking section)
Learn how to put them all together here.
Halloween Decoration – Scary Peeper – Tapping Peeper – The True-to-Life Motion Activated Window Prop that really taps on your windowScary Stalker Curtain Prop 70Motion Activated Haunted Mirror with Creepy Sound – Luminous Portrait Halloween Prop DecorationBeistle Jointed Zombie Clown, 5-Feet 6-InchHalloween Decoration – Scary Peeper – Giggle – The True-to-Life Window Prop that will scare your socks offWOWindow Posters Slammy the Scary Clown Halloween Window Decoration 34.5WOWindow Posters Silent Shrieker Halloween Window Decoration One 34.5Walkin’ Talkin’ Demon (requires 3 AA batteries not included) Party Accessory (1 count) (1/Pkg)1 X Pressure Sensitive SCREAMING DOORMAT Halloween Decoration BATTERY OPERATED (Just Place It Under Your Doormat)Set of 3 Spinning and Howling Spooky Halloween Ghost Haunted House Prop Porch Patio DecorationSeasons Spooky Living Tree Halloween DecorationHalloween Decoration -Scary Peeper – Peeping Tom-The True-to-Life Window Prop that will scare your socks off
Pin Any Image From This Page:
- Brilliant and Easy Baby Closet Organization and Nursery… Want to easily organize the nursery closet? Need some organization ideas, tips, hacks, and DIY inspiration to completely organize your baby's closet? You're in the right place! On this page…
- Small Kitchen DIY Ideas – Before & After Remodel… Tiny Kitchen DIY Ideas: If you have a tiny kitchen AND you're on a budget, a small kitchen remodel can seem almost impossible with limited space and limited funds. Good…
- Baby Led Weaning: My Experience, Tips, First Foods and Tips Ready to start baby-led weaning (called BLW for short or referred to as 'baby led feeding')? Here’s some advice and tips from a mom who knows how to do baby-led…
- 12+ Unique DIY Sensory Board Ideas for Toddlers Busy board ideas! Lots of unique DIY sensory board pictures and ideas so YOU can make a homemade sensory board for your toddler or baby. Have you thought about making…
- Farmhouse Kitchen Canister Sets and Farmhouse Decor Ideas Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to kitchen decorating idea, but you would be hard pressed to find many that do not like the cozy, welcoming atmosphere of…
- Mason Jar Cupcakes – Easy DIY Cupcakes in a Jar Looking for come creative cupcakes ideas? Take a look below at these super easy mason jar cupcakes recipes and DIY how to instructions I've collected on this page. We've collected…
- YETI Coolers – Worth It? Or Just Hype? (YETI Reviews… YETI ice chest coolers... worth it? Or over-priced hype? Here's what I found out. Everywhere I look these days, someone has a YETI cooler or tumbler or coozie…. it’s crazy!…
- Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ Blender Review Is the Nutri Ninja Auto IQ Blender REALLY worth the money and all the "best blender EVER" hype? Are there better blender options than the Ninja Auto IQ model? Is…
- Tiny Laundry Room Ideas – Space Saving DIY Creative… Tiny Laundry Room Ideas and Pictures: If you have a small laundry room in your home or apartment, you know the struggle is REAL trying to get the most out…
- Unique and Easy Thanksgiving Desserts – Fun &… When coming up with ideas for Thanksgiving desserts, your sure don't want to make the same ol thing, right? How about trying one of the unique and easy Thanksgiving dessert…