These toddler activity ideas might be fun, BUT… would you let YOUR toddler do them?
I think other parents will know exactly what I mean when you look at some of these “toddler activity ideas” below.
Is it just me? Would YOU let YOUR toddler do these things?
If you’re looking for SMART toddler activities and toys…
But every now and then…
these “smart ideas” for toddlers come across my feed that make me say, “Awwwww hell no! I would never let MY toddler do that!”
However, I just might let the grandkids do it. Double standard? Perhaps.
I might! I thought about making one of these DIY sensory board ideas for toddlers for them – and I’m not crafty!
Ok, let’s start with THIS idea that has been making the rounds on Pinterest lately… Tell me, would you REALLY let your child do this?!?!
Now, I have to admit, this is an interesting idea to help potty train your toddler. When I first saw it on Pinterest, I thought, hmmmm that could help keep them busy while waiting to do their business on the potty.
Just hand the toddler some markers (whether they’re dry erase or not), and say, “Hey, go draw on the toilet”.
Ummmm… I don’t think so, but it IS clever.
And yep, I’d probably let the grandkids do this.
Ok, how about this toddler activity idea?
Here Johnny, have some sharp pointy things and a hammer…
While this idea definitely would keep them busy (for 10 seconds), I can’t see giving a toddler a handful of golf tees to play with.
First off, they’re sharp. Secondly, I golf – and I want my tees!
Alrighty, how about this idea:
Now, I know it’s important to encourage your child to be creative.
But drawing on my walls… with their feet?
Now, the grandkids.. they can take a Sharpie marker to my walls. I wouldn’t be nuts about it, but the mom and dad know how to paint <grin>
How about THIS idea:
First off, what color is the Jello? Looks pretty darn gross.
Which leads me to – that cr@p would be ALL over my carpet.
Even if they played with it 2 miles from the house on a dirt road, I would still have that Jello on my floors and walls….and floors… on my cats… it would be EVERYWHERE.
C’mon, you know it’s true!
BUT, it does look fun for toddlers to do. Here’s the directions.
Speaking of getting stuff ALL over my house…
Now, this WOULD be fun, but we all know what color water that container will be full of as the snow melts and all the paint colors are in it.
Plus, my kids would SO be eating that (as would the cats).
Now this next idea isn’t an activity, but just look:
Do you see what’s in the pot of this potty seat?
Yep, that’s a coffee filter.
At first glance of this idea, I thought, “Well, that’s pretty smart” –
but then it hit me…
It would be ME that would have to reach in and get that coffee filter OUT of the potty seat after the toddler is done doing his business.
I’m not 100% sure I’d even do that for the grandkids.
(by the way, the 2 year old just got one of these “my size” pottys. He LOVES it!)
Now this activity idea is right cute, but…
This is real pudding.
It sure is pretty to look at – and that’s exactly what I’d be doing –
looking at it ALL over my toddler, my house, my cats, and probably all over me as well.
Anytime food coloring is involved, it just never has a good outcome.
This next one just makes me laugh – I’ll tell you why after you look:
Now of COURSE this would be fun – and there’s nothing messy about it.
Except, I can see my toddler and kids doing this and then the inevitable would happen:
“Mommy, come play, too!”
I get motion sick just thinking about being on a boat. If you get me trying to follow that curvy line… well, I’d have another mess to clean up that no coffee filter could contain!
Ok, one more…
Now I’ll admit, this DOES look super cool and fun for the kids…
But do you see what is IN that container?
Lots and lots of little tiny beans.
LOTS of them – need I say more?
That was fun!
Lots of love to the amazing people who came up with these ideas!
Pin Any Image From This Page:
- Brilliant and Easy Baby Closet Organization and Nursery… Want to easily organize the nursery closet? Need some organization ideas, tips, hacks, and DIY inspiration to completely organize your baby's closet? You're in the right place! On this page…
- Small Kitchen DIY Ideas – Before & After Remodel… Tiny Kitchen DIY Ideas: If you have a tiny kitchen AND you're on a budget, a small kitchen remodel can seem almost impossible with limited space and limited funds. Good…
- Baby Led Weaning: My Experience, Tips, First Foods and Tips Ready to start baby-led weaning (called BLW for short or referred to as 'baby led feeding')? Here’s some advice and tips from a mom who knows how to do baby-led…
- 12+ Unique DIY Sensory Board Ideas for Toddlers Busy board ideas! Lots of unique DIY sensory board pictures and ideas so YOU can make a homemade sensory board for your toddler or baby. Have you thought about making…
- Farmhouse Kitchen Canister Sets and Farmhouse Decor Ideas Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to kitchen decorating idea, but you would be hard pressed to find many that do not like the cozy, welcoming atmosphere of…
- Mason Jar Cupcakes – Easy DIY Cupcakes in a Jar Looking for come creative cupcakes ideas? Take a look below at these super easy mason jar cupcakes recipes and DIY how to instructions I've collected on this page. We've collected…
- YETI Coolers – Worth It? Or Just Hype? (YETI Reviews… YETI ice chest coolers... worth it? Or over-priced hype? Here's what I found out. Everywhere I look these days, someone has a YETI cooler or tumbler or coozie…. it’s crazy!…
- Unique and Easy Thanksgiving Desserts – Fun &… When coming up with ideas for Thanksgiving desserts, your sure don't want to make the same ol thing, right? How about trying one of the unique and easy Thanksgiving dessert…
- Tiny Laundry Room Ideas – Space Saving DIY Creative… Tiny Laundry Room Ideas and Pictures: If you have a small laundry room in your home or apartment, you know the struggle is REAL trying to get the most out…
- Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ Blender Review Is the Nutri Ninja Auto IQ Blender REALLY worth the money and all the "best blender EVER" hype? Are there better blender options than the Ninja Auto IQ model? Is…