This is something I didn’t think was possible – making a PERFECT 2-egg omelet (omelette) in stainless steel cookware without it sticking.
Every, single time I’ve tried in the past – the eggs stuck to the pan and well, I ended up eating scrambled eggs and having a messy pan to try and clean.
So I came across this guy on YouTube who teaches bachelors how to cook. He’s really great – very clear, makes things simple to where even *I* can follow along, and he’s kinda funny, too.
Best of all – this works like a charm!
Funny how once you know how to do it properly, how ‘simple’ it is =)
in the picture: Calphalon Triply Stainless Steel 8-Inch Omelette
- Turn stove on to a little higher than medium low (or, a little less than medium). One of the biggest causes of food sticking in stainless steel cookware is due to cooking on temperatures that are too high.
- Let your eggs get to room temperature.
- Let your frying pan heat up completely and evenly for a few minutes – it’s ready when you can ‘flick’ some water in the pan and the water ‘dances’.
- Use just a little slab of butter AND let the butter heat properly.
- Most important, let the eggs cook on their own without touching them for a little bit. THEN, use your spatula to push the eggs back, tip the pan, and let the uncooked eggs get to the heat (you’ll see in the video).
Best Stainless Steel Pans for Omelets
There are a LOT of stainless steel pots and pans on the market, but these pans seem to be the best for cooking omelettes.
- Fall Decorating with Pumpkins – 8 DIY Ideas You’ll Love
- Best of 2018 Winners: Best Coffee Makers of the Year
- Bathroom Shelves – Beautiful and Easy DIY Bathroom Shelving Ideas
- 25+ Budget Decorating Ideas – Transform Your Decor with Spray Paint
- Cheesy Party Cheese Dip Recipes You MUST Try At Home