Healthy meals in a microwave? you bet!
There are lots of microwavable healthy meals and recipes you can try for quick and easy HEALTHY food.
On this page below are some healthy microwave cooking recipes that really good and good FOR you.
Healthy Meals You Can Make in a Microwave
What are some healthy microwave meals? Here are some ideas:
- Easy Microwave Omelette – recipe
- Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – recipe
- Healthy Microwave Nachos – recipe
- Easy Egg and Cheese Burritos – recipe
- Microwave Pita Pizza – recipe
- Single Serve Broccoli Cheese Casserole – recipe
- Fast & Easy Microwave Enchiladas – recipe
- Microwave Mug Pizza – recipe
- Microwave Teriyaki Chicken – recipe
- Microwave Spaghetti – recipe
It’s time to think differently about being able to cook healthy meals in your microwave oven. No longer does one of the most prominent appliances in your kitchen need to be relegated to heating leftover foods.
Now, it’s time to use the microwave to give yourself an edge in saving time and eating healthy.
Think of them as a way to whip up delicious breakfasts, dinners and even desserts and snacks. For example, if you enjoy poached eggs for breakfast, but, try the microwave oven.
Healthy Microwave Popcorn
Easy Microwave Eggs
The traditional method of poaching eggs means that you boil water (adding salt and vinegar) and crack the eggs properly to get the desired result. It’s easy to make a mess and fail in your effort.
Using your microwave to cook eggs is simple. All you need is some hot water and a bit of salt and vinegar in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the egg, set your microwave and shortly you’ll have a perfect poached egg for breakfast.
Add a bit of protein to your breakfast plate by microwaving a slice or two of healthy turkey bacon. If you don’t think you can get it crispy enough in a microwave, try laying them on an upside-down bowl and zapping until crispy. Works perfectly.
Healthy Microwave Snacks
For a healthy snack, try slicing sweet potatoes thinly and then sprinkle them with rosemary and salt. Just cook them in your microwave for a few seconds and you have a healthy and crunchy snack for the entire family.
Healthy Microwave Desserts
Whip up low calorie cookies for dessert or make great sugar free puddings and cakes for one – or many – by utilizing the microwave oven. When you’re short of time or just want to try something new and innovative, think beyond the oven and utilize the microwave for a whole new dimension in creative and healthy cooking.
Healthy Microwave Side Dishes
Love having risotto for a side dish, but hate standing at the stove and stirring it? Try the microwave to produce a healthy and tasty meal or side dish using risotto. Simply begin with garlic, butter and onions and then add the risotto and broth.
After about 10 minutes, you’ll have a side dish that will complement any main meal of the day. Get creative by adding butternut squash and sage. Use your imagination – or get online help from the many microwave recipe sites to learn how to cook healthy and quickly with your microwave oven.
Healthy Microwave Mac n’ Cheese
Ingredients needed for healthy homemade microwave mac n cheese:
- a large mug
- a liquid measuring cup
- a 1/3 cup dry measuring cup
- elbow noodles
- some pre-shredded cheese
- a little milk
- and water
Mac n Cheese in a Mug Recipe
- Put the macaroni and the water into a mug. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes.
- Microwave for another minute. Stir.
- Microwave for a fourth minute, and then check to see that all the water has been absorbed.
- Stir in the milk and shredded cheese and microwave for a final 30-60 seconds.
Are Microwaves Safe?
Many have been skeptical of using the microwave for other than heating because of false information about radiation.
Actually, microwaves release very little radiation – and certainly not enough to harm humans. Microwaves are also ovens – and can cook food as well as a standard oven. Begin to think outside the box and change your mind about microwave ovens.
Pin Any Image From This Page:
- Brilliant and Easy Baby Closet Organization and Nursery… Want to easily organize the nursery closet? Need some organization ideas, tips, hacks, and DIY inspiration to completely organize your baby's closet? You're in the right place! On this page…
- Small Kitchen DIY Ideas – Before & After Remodel… Tiny Kitchen DIY Ideas: If you have a tiny kitchen AND you're on a budget, a small kitchen remodel can seem almost impossible with limited space and limited funds. Good…
- Farmhouse Kitchen Canister Sets and Farmhouse Decor Ideas I am in love with old farmhouse kitchens and anything related to farmhouse kitchen decorating, aren't you? While I don't have the funds right now to TOTALLY remodel my kitchen,…
- 12+ Unique DIY Sensory Board Ideas for Toddlers Ultimate Sensory Board Ideas - Let's look at Busy board ideas! Lots of unique DIY sensory board pictures and ideas so YOU can make a homemade sensory board for your…
- Baby Led Weaning: My Experience, Tips, First Foods and Tips Ready to start baby-led weaning (called BLW for short or referred to as 'baby led feeding')? Here’s some advice and tips from a mom who knows how to do baby-led…
- YETI Coolers – Worth It? Or Just Hype? (YETI Reviews… YETI ice chest coolers... worth it? Or over-priced hype? Here's what I found out. Everywhere I look these days, someone has a YETI cooler or tumbler or coozie…. it’s crazy!…
- Mason Jar Cupcakes – Easy DIY Cupcakes in a Jar Looking for come creative cupcakes ideas? Take a look below at these super easy mason jar cupcakes recipes and DIY how to instructions I've collected on this page. We've collected…
- Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ Blender Review Is the Nutri Ninja Auto IQ Blender REALLY worth the money and all the "best blender EVER" hype? Are there better blender options than the Ninja Auto IQ model? Is…
- Tiny Laundry Room Ideas – Space Saving DIY Creative… Tiny Laundry Room Ideas and Pictures: If you have a small laundry room in your home or apartment, you know the struggle is REAL trying to get the most out…
- Unique and Easy Thanksgiving Desserts – Fun &… When coming up with ideas for Thanksgiving desserts, your sure don't want to make the same ol thing, right? How about trying one of the unique and easy Thanksgiving dessert…