Today, we’re taking a look at the Moccamaster KBG 741 10-cup coffee maker with a glass carafe made by Technivorm.
Since Moccamaster is a high-end coffee maker, we will be digging deep into the details, complaints, and reviews so you can be SURE before you buy.
We will also talk about other Moccamaster coffee maker options (such as brewers with a timer, a grinder, and/or a thermal carafe), any complaints about these coffee makers, and inexpensive alternatives to a new MoccaMaster coffee machine.
So, grab a cup of coffee and let’s get into this review and you’ll see why this 10-cup coffee brewer was awarded Best Coffee Maker of the Year.
If you’re in a hurry…
note: If you’re looking for a deal on a refurbished Moccamaster Coffee maker, check this page to see what refurbished models are available.
Let’s jump in and see if this Moccamaster coffee maker is worth the money or over-priced and over-hyped junk.
Moccamaster coffee makers are superb. They are quick to make coffee, they are quiet, the coffee brewer system is easy to use, the coffee is always excellent and the temperature is consistently hot with no aftertaste.
- Auto drip-stop brew-basket with glass carafe
- Exclusive auto-adjusting dual-phase hot-plate element keeps holding temperature between 176 degree-185 degree, auto shut-off after 100 minutes
- Brews full carafe in 6 minutes
- Brews at consistent 196 degree-205 degree f with a pulse action that allows for the perfect coffee bloom during extraction process
- Available in an AMAZING assortment of colors. Check all color options here.
How Does It Work?
Here’s a quick video showing how to make coffee with a Moccamaster KBG 741.
Here are some reviews from various trusted resources online.
Consumer reports says…
“…I recently used the Moccamaster KBT-741, made in the Netherlands, at home for a weekend. To my untrained palate, there was a noticeable difference between the coffee my machine brews and that from the Technivorm.
Especially when I ground the beans immediately before brewing, the Technivorm delivered a cup of coffee that demanded I sit down, sit still, and do nothing else but savor it. “
Our good friends at Starbucks say,
“…you need only savor its rich, flavorful coffee to know that this coffee maker is truly a brewing master.”
Many other Starbucks customer reviews say that having this Moccamaster coffee maker is like being able to have the taste of Starbucks in your kitchen.
Now, THAT is a compliment!
As expected, the reviews on Amazon are very positive. Most of any negative reviews this coffee maker received, were complaints about the shipping for a specific 3rd party Amazon seller – not complaints about the coffee maker itself.
As always, we are concerned about the possibility of fake reviews on Amazon so we ran a test with our Review Analyzer Tool to check the legitimacy of the current consumer reviews on Amazon.
Results from the Review Check Tool are:
Seattle Coffee Gear
The folks over at Seattle Coffee Gear are also big fans of the Moccamaster KBG741 coffee maker.
“The Technivorm Moccamaster KBG741 is the darling of the drip coffee world. It has a little something to impress everyone. Glass carafe, warming plate with separate control switch and it is one of the few auto-drip coffee makers certified by the Specialty Coffee Association of America to brew at optimal temperatures. Technivorm coffee makers are made with quality in the Netherlands. “
Watch this quick review video of this Moccamaster coffee maker.
Which is Best?
If you’ve looked at other styles of these coffee makers, you might be wondering which Technivorm Moccamaster to buy.
This video answers which Moccamaster coffee makers are best and which one you should buy.
Learning how to clean a Moccamaster coffee maker is easy….
You can also use a Medelco #4 Permanent filter as shown in the picture to the right – the permanent filters are found here.
Some people have had problems with Moccamaster coffee makers. Naturally, some are simple user error, but some a genuine concerns.
Here are some things people did NOT like about the Moccamaster KBG 741.
When shopping for a high-end coffee maker, once should not be surprised by the price of a Moccamaster – but people still are.
The Moccamaster KBG741 has more of an industrial look to it that you would see in gourmet coffee shops. The style does not suit the decor of all coffee drinkers kitchens – it just might be too ‘fancy’.
However, some consumers say it looks better in their kitchen than a Cuisinart coffee maker does – so keep that in mind.
To me, the appearance of a Moccamaster coffee maker in my kitchen says that I am serious about the coffee I drink and serve to my guests – and it is always a conversation starter when guests see it in my kitchen.
Worth mentioning because this might apply to you, but some people wish their Moccamaster came with a bigger carafe and could brew more than 10 cups of coffee at a time.
Personally, 10-cups is perfect for me, but you might want something bigger.
Common questions and answers regarding the Moccamaster KBG 741 10-Cup Coffee Brewer.
Q – Red Moccamaster?
Q – Dimensions?
The KBG 741 dimensions are 6.7″ Wide x 13″ Deep x 14.2″ High.
Q – Stop-Drip?
Most Moccamaster coffee makers do not have a stop-drip function (be sure to check the full feature list of the specific MoccaMaster you are considering). However, when making a good and proper pot of coffee, many coffee experts say that you shouldn’t use a stop-drip and get coffee before it’s finished brewing.
There are many styles and models of Moccamaster coffee makers. Here are some of our favorites.
Moccamaster coffee makers don’t come with timers. They DO have an auto-off feature, but no programming features. Below are good coffee makers with timers and programming.
Compare Moccamaster Styles
There are many styles/models of Moccamaster coffee makers. Hopefully, this chart will make it easy to compare the features of each and decide which one to buy.
How does this Moccamaster coffee brewer compare to other high-end coffee makers?
At first glance, the Bonavita seems to be smaller and take up less counter space, but that’s really not true.
But taking price out of the equation, the Moccamaster is simply a much better coffee maker that brews a much better cup of coffee.
Moccamaster vs Bunn
Bunn coffee makers use more electricity since you must keep water in it and keep it plugged in. However, the Bunn brews faster, if speed is more important than the quality of the coffee.
click the picture to learn more about Bunn coffee makers
Moccamaster vs OXO
This is a tough comparison. Both coffee makers are SCAA-certified – which means you’ll get an excellent cup of coffee from either machine.
The coffee makers look kind of similar, but the OXO On Barista Brain actually makes LESS coffee than the MoccaMaster does (9-cups vs 10-cups)
Worth the Money?
That’s the ultimate question, isn’t it?
If you want a high-quality coffee maker that will not only last a long time, but also makes perfect coffee every single time you brew, you will love your Moccamaster.
Where to Buy
Here are some options of places to buy your Moccamaster coffee maker.
From searching around, I also see the three sites below have the best prices and also run sales and deals on their coffee makers.
Now and then, I can find this coffee maker at Starbucks and Walmart.
Sales & Deals
If you’re interested in seeing if your Moccamaster coffee maker is currently on sale…
Every now and then, there is one heck of a deal on a refurbished MoccaMaster coffee maker… you just have to know where to look to find them.
More High-End Coffee Makers
Here are some more top-rated high-end coffee makers.
- How Does It Work?
- Video Review
- Which is Best?
- Consumer Complaints
- Worth the Money?
- Where to Buy
- More High-End Coffee Makers
Pin Any Image From This Page:
- Brilliant and Easy Baby Closet Organization and Nursery… Want to easily organize the nursery closet? Need some organization ideas, tips, hacks, and DIY inspiration to completely organize your baby's closet? You're in the right place! On this page…
- Small Kitchen DIY Ideas – Before & After Remodel… Tiny Kitchen DIY Ideas: If you have a tiny kitchen AND you're on a budget, a small kitchen remodel can seem almost impossible with limited space and limited funds. Good…
- Baby Led Weaning: My Experience, Tips, First Foods and Tips Ready to start baby-led weaning (called BLW for short or referred to as 'baby led feeding')? Here’s some advice and tips from a mom who knows how to do baby-led…
- 12+ Unique DIY Sensory Board Ideas for Toddlers Busy board ideas! Lots of unique DIY sensory board pictures and ideas so YOU can make a homemade sensory board for your toddler or baby. Have you thought about making…
- Farmhouse Kitchen Canister Sets and Farmhouse Decor Ideas Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to kitchen decorating idea, but you would be hard pressed to find many that do not like the cozy, welcoming atmosphere of…
- Mason Jar Cupcakes – Easy DIY Cupcakes in a Jar Looking for come creative cupcakes ideas? Take a look below at these super easy mason jar cupcakes recipes and DIY how to instructions I've collected on this page. We've collected…
- YETI Coolers – Worth It? Or Just Hype? (YETI Reviews… YETI ice chest coolers... worth it? Or over-priced hype? Here's what I found out. Everywhere I look these days, someone has a YETI cooler or tumbler or coozie…. it’s crazy!…
- Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ Blender Review Is the Nutri Ninja Auto IQ Blender REALLY worth the money and all the "best blender EVER" hype? Are there better blender options than the Ninja Auto IQ model? Is…
- Tiny Laundry Room Ideas – Space Saving DIY Creative… Tiny Laundry Room Ideas and Pictures: If you have a small laundry room in your home or apartment, you know the struggle is REAL trying to get the most out…
- Unique and Easy Thanksgiving Desserts – Fun &… When coming up with ideas for Thanksgiving desserts, your sure don't want to make the same ol thing, right? How about trying one of the unique and easy Thanksgiving dessert…