When I went looking to buy a small bread maker, I was really clueless about exactly WHAT I was looking for. To be honest, I had never really made bread, but I absolutely wanted to learn how.
I didn’t need a HUGE bread machine – just a small bread maker that would make 1 or 2 loaves at a time.
I also wanted to be able to leave the bread maker out on my kitchen counter so it couldn’t be a big appliance.
So off I went to find…. the best small bread maker (and yes, I found it!)
- The Small Bread Maker I Bought
- Sunbeam 5891 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker
- Why I Chose This Small Bread Machine
- Downside to this Bread Maker
- Betty Crocker Best Bread Machine Cookbook
- How To Use This Small Bread Maker
- Was It Expensive?
- Bread Maker Recipes
The Small Bread Maker I Bought
After a ton of research online, asking friends and the ladies at church (they are EXPERTS!)…
I’m very happy with it. And look at me… I’m baking homemade bread!
Sunbeam 5891 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker
3 new from $90.85
20 used from $50.00
as of February 28, 2017 1:25 am EST
- 600-watt programmable breadmaker makes 1-1/2- or 2-pound loaves of bread
- 12 cooking functions; 3 shade selections; 13-hour delay bake; LED display; touch-control panel
- Metal utensils should not be used with removable nonstick baking pan
- Wash by hand only; instructions with recipes included
- Measures approximately 14 by 19 by 13-1/2 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Why I Chose This Small Bread Machine
It’s small for a bread machine and is the perfect size for me to be able to leave it out on the counter in my kitchen without it taking up much space at all.
Now, it’s not a mini bread maker; it’s big enough to bake the bread I want yet not take up too much counter space.
In hindsight, I guess I wanted a ‘space-saving‘ bread maker 🙂
It’s programmable with a nice LED display that’s very user-friendly to use (ie, it’s idiot-prof, and that’s exactly what I needed!)
It makes one or two loaves at a time which is perfect for this house – and let me tell you this: the smell of bread cooking is DELIGHTFUL!
Downside to this Bread Maker
The only “downside” I would say about this bread maker is that the bread recipe cookbook that comes with it, well, it’s not very good.
If you get this bread maker, or any bread machine for that matter, get this bread machine cookbook.
Betty Crocker Best Bread Machine Cookbook
33 new from $8.97
53 used from $1.00
as of February 28, 2017 1:25 am EST
- betty crocker
It will make a TON of difference in the way your bread turns out.
How To Use This Small Bread Maker
To make bread with my new bread maker, I just add in the right amount of each ingredient according to the recipe in the pan, plop the pan into the bread maker and pop the lid closed.
Push some buttons and presto! I’m cooking homemade bread!
Yep, it’s really that easy.
Was It Expensive?
No, it wasn’t expensive at all – in fact, it was REALLY affordable.
And it’s a really sturdy, high-quality bread maker: don’t the low price fool you, it’s gonna last.
Bread Maker Recipes
Want some great recipes for your new bread maker?
Try these below… they are FABULOUS!
Homemade Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Homemade Honey Oat Bread
Homemade Ciabatta Bread
Pin Any Image From This Page:
Trending on Involvery NOW:
- Brilliant and Easy Baby Closet Organization and Nursery… Want to easily organize the nursery closet? Need some organization ideas, tips, hacks, and DIY inspiration to completely organize your baby's closet? You're in the right place! On this page…
- Small Kitchen DIY Ideas – Before & After Remodel… Tiny Kitchen DIY Ideas: If you have a tiny kitchen AND you're on a budget, a small kitchen remodel can seem almost impossible with limited space and limited funds. Good…
- Unique and Easy Thanksgiving Desserts – Fun &… When coming up with ideas for Thanksgiving desserts, your sure don't want to make the same ol thing, right? How about trying one of the unique and easy Thanksgiving dessert…
- 12+ Unique DIY Sensory Board Ideas for Toddlers Have you thought about making a sensory board for your toddler or pre-schooler? All kids LOVE homemade busy boards - hours of entertainment for them...and hours of calm for you.…
- YETI Coolers – Worth It? Or Just Hype? (YETI Reviews… YETI ice chest coolers... worth it? Or over-priced hype? Here's what I found out. Everywhere I look these days, someone has a YETI cooler or tumbler or coozie…. it’s crazy!…
- Mason Jar Cupcakes – Easy DIY Cupcakes in a Jar Looking for come creative cupcakes ideas? Take a look below at these super easy mason jar cupcakes recipes and DIY how to instructions I've collected on this page. We've collected…
- Baby Led Weaning: My Experience, Tips, First Foods and Tips Ready to start baby-led weaning (called BLW for short)? Here’s some advice and tips from a mom who knows how to do baby-led weaning the right way. What IS "Baby…
- DIY Bathroom Storage and Organization Hacks It's an on-going battle in this house - trying to come up with bathroom hacks to get more space in my bathroom AND keep it all more organized. Below are…
- Farmhouse Kitchen Canister Sets and Farmhouse Decor Ideas Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to kitchen decorating idea, but you would be hard pressed to find many that do not like the cozy, welcoming atmosphere of…
- Tiny Laundry Room Ideas – Space Saving DIY Creative… Tiny Laundry Room Ideas and Pictures: If you have a small laundry room in your home or apartment, you know the struggle is REAL trying to get the most out…