When I went looking to buy a small bread maker, I was really clueless about exactly WHAT I was looking for. To be honest, I had never really made bread, but I absolutely wanted to learn how.
I didn’t need a HUGE bread machine – just a small bread maker that would make 1 or 2 loaves at a time.
I also wanted to be able to leave the bread maker out on my kitchen counter so it couldn’t be a big appliance.
So off I went to find…. the best small bread maker (and yes, I found it!)
- The Small Bread Maker I Bought
- Sunbeam 5891 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker
- Why I Chose This Small Bread Machine
- Downside to this Bread Maker
- Betty Crocker Best Bread Machine Cookbook
- How To Use This Small Bread Maker
- Was It Expensive?
- Bread Maker Recipes
The Small Bread Maker I Bought
After a ton of research online, asking friends and the ladies at church (they are EXPERTS!)…
I’m very happy with it. And look at me… I’m baking homemade bread!
Sunbeam 5891 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker
9 used from $ 30.00
- 600-watt programmable breadmaker makes 1-1/2- or 2-pound loaves of bread
- 12 cooking functions; 3 shade selections; 13-hour delay bake; LED display; touch-control panel
- Metal utensils should not be used with removable nonstick baking pan
- Wash by hand only; instructions with recipes included
- Measures approximately 14 by 19 by 13-1/2 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Why I Chose This Small Bread Machine
It’s small for a bread machine and is the perfect size for me to be able to leave it out on the counter in my kitchen without it taking up much space at all.
Now, it’s not a mini bread maker; it’s big enough to bake the bread I want yet not take up too much counter space.
In hindsight, I guess I wanted a ‘space-saving‘ bread maker 🙂
It’s programmable with a nice LED display that’s very user-friendly to use (ie, it’s idiot-prof, and that’s exactly what I needed!)
It makes one or two loaves at a time which is perfect for this house – and let me tell you this: the smell of bread cooking is DELIGHTFUL!
Downside to this Bread Maker
The only “downside” I would say about this bread maker is that the bread recipe cookbook that comes with it, well, it’s not very good.
If you get this bread maker, or any bread machine for that matter, get this bread machine cookbook.
Betty Crocker Best Bread Machine Cookbook
112 used from $ 1.99
- betty crocker
It will make a TON of difference in the way your bread turns out.
How To Use This Small Bread Maker
To make bread with my new bread maker, I just add in the right amount of each ingredient according to the recipe in the pan, plop the pan into the bread maker and pop the lid closed.
Push some buttons and presto! I’m cooking homemade bread!
Yep, it’s really that easy.
Was It Expensive?
No, it wasn’t expensive at all – in fact, it was REALLY affordable.
And it’s a really sturdy, high-quality bread maker: don’t the low price fool you, it’s gonna last.
Bread Maker Recipes
Want some great recipes for your new bread maker?
Try these below… they are FABULOUS!
Homemade Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Homemade Honey Oat Bread
Homemade Ciabatta Bread
- DIY Farmhouse Rustic Mudroom Decor Ideas We Love
- Nautical Throw Pillows
- Best Wireless Pet Containment System-Reviews and Buying Guide
- DIY Hand Print Christmas Ornaments – We Tried It!
- Infused Water Recipes and Benefits – How To Make Fruit Infused Water
Countertop Ice Maker | YETI Coolers Review | Easy To Clean High Chair | Dinosaur Toys for Toddlers | Award Winning Toys | Under Cabinet Toaster Oven | Toddler Activity Board | Farmhouse Canisters