That sweet baby girl is growing up…and OUT of her crib! It’s time for a toddler bed.
Here are some super cute and affordable toddler canopy beds.
Toddler Canopy Bed Idea
What Age To Move Into a Toddler Bed?
The decision to move your child from the safety of their crib to a more open toddler bed can be quite a stressful experience for the parent. There are quite a few different things you need to take into consideration before you and your toddler make the leap. You’ll want their bed to be welcoming and comfortable as it’ll be one of their primary places to relax and sleep. In your search for your child’s new toddler bed you’ll want to take these points into consideration:
Is your child prone to rolling and moving around in their sleep?
What type of toddler beds are you looking at?
Does your child suffer from a sleep walking disorder?
How high is the bed off the ground?
If your child is one who frequently kicks or rolls in their sleep you might want to consider a toddler bed that allows rails to be attached to its sides. The safety rails will prevent children from rolling off their beds in the middle of the night while they are soundly asleep. Quite often you’ll find there are beds on the market that were designed with safety features already installed. Beds like fire truck beds, race car beds, sports themed beds will often have safety rails and other safety features built into their design.
Is it a type of bed that really wasn’t designed to handle all the wear and tear that comes with a small child? You’ll want to make sure the bed isn’t too high off the ground, just for the simple reason if they would happen to roll off there is a far less chance of them causing injury to themselves. It’s always wise to avoid beds that have any sort of low hanging canopy as well. Beds with drapes or other hanging material can quite often pose a choking or smothering hazard to the sleeper as well.
Disney Princess Canopy Toddler Bed
- Recommended for ages 15 months+
While this toddler canopy bed can a bit challenging to put together, the end result is SO worth it.
Many parents report that their toddler slept in their own bed all night for the first time after putting this canopy bed in their toddler's room.
Read all reviews here
There are different models of the Princess toddler bed made by different manufacturers. What they all have in common is the fact that they probably excite the imagination of the little girl who is using it. Some of these toddler beds look like they actually came out of a fantasy movie. The construction goes into great detail and helps a little girl to create a fun fantasy land in her very own bedroom.
Let’s face it, there is nothing wrong in a child using their imagination. After all this is how great empires are started in the real world, with imagination. The mind can be a great driving force if it is allowed to run in a productive way. You wouldn’t want to stop your child from using their imagination. I am sure Walt Disney used his imagination to get him as far as he did and most of us are all thankful for that.
A princess toddler bed is a long way from Disney World. Or is it? Bedroom furniture that helps a child use their mind for good and happy things is sure to bring the best out of the child. Just think, giving a child a bed of nails to sleep on. I don’ think that would help keep your child’s mind at its peak of happiness and may have a negative perception of life in general.
Maybe all that is pretty deep to get into when all I wanted to talk about was how much fun your child could have with a princess toddler bed. Well take your hand and lift your lower jaw back up in place and let’s talk about how some of these princess beds are constructed.
Some of the more expensive ones such as the castles are made with hardwood and veneers. They can be quite extravagant and costly. Some of these are loft beds with slides and ladders. A virtual playground if you will. Others can be quite simplistic and made from simulated wood products at a rather lower cost. Actually some of the plastic types which have molded detail and different colors look pretty good and are very cheap. There really is something out there suiting most people’s budget. Some of these children’s beds have pillars or posts with little crowns on them and some have canopies to further the little princess life in more detail.
Until their real life shining knight comes into the picture it is up to you to keep them happy. Whether you are looking for a princess toddler bed that is low to the ground or higher up such as a loft bed, one of these little girl’s beds will make your child quite happy. Their imagination can soar to great heights and be back on the ground again for dinner.
That’s the great thing about the imagination. You little girl can leave you and go all over the world, even to a different time and still be there when you call out their name for lunch. Believe me, when they get older it won’t be so easy. God bless a little girl’s imagination and her princess toddler bed.
Pink Toddler Bed with Canopy
2 used from $ 20.00
- Can be used with most wooden and plastic toddler beds
- Fits Toddler Bed Size: 53"L x 29"W
- Easy to assemble
- Bed not included
- This item is eligible for free replacement parts. Contact Amazon Customer Service for more information.
ReviewIf you want to save money, or you already have the toddler bed, this is a great DIY canopy idea. This is JUST the canopy part of the bed (not the whole toddler bed). Available in pink and purple. Read all reviews here
Minnie Mouse Toddler Bed with Canopy
- Brand new Minnie Mouse Toddler Bed Design
- Features characters like Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck
- Adorable sheer canopy with ribbon ties and Minnie Mouse decal
- Meets all JPMA safety standards
- Some assembly required
ReviewThis is an ADORABLE pink and purple Minnie Mouse toddler bed with a canopy - and it's a parent favorite, too. Read all reviews here
Disney Princess Toddler Bed with Canopy
- Whimsical Disney Princess design theme perfect for your little princess to get her beauty rest in!
- Bed sits low to the ground for easy in and out access
- Uses standard crib mattress (sold separately) Meets all JPMA safety standards for toddler beds and comes in a non-toxic finish.
- Canopy made of sheer polyester organza with decorative ribbon
- See other items sold seperatley online from Delta Childrens Products
ReviewThis is a super cute Disney Princess Toddler Bed.... not quite as good as this other Princess Toddler bed tho so be sure to compare before you buy. Read all reviews from other parents here
More Toddler Bed Ideas
Pin Any Image From This Page:
- Brilliant and Easy Baby Closet Organization and Nursery… Want to easily organize the nursery closet? Need some organization ideas, tips, hacks, and DIY inspiration to completely organize your baby's closet? You're in the right place! On this page…
- Small Kitchen DIY Ideas – Before & After Remodel… Tiny Kitchen DIY Ideas: If you have a tiny kitchen AND you're on a budget, a small kitchen remodel can seem almost impossible with limited space and limited funds. Good…
- Baby Led Weaning: My Experience, Tips, First Foods and Tips Ready to start baby-led weaning (called BLW for short or referred to as 'baby led feeding')? Here’s some advice and tips from a mom who knows how to do baby-led…
- 12+ Unique DIY Sensory Board Ideas for Toddlers Busy board ideas! Lots of unique DIY sensory board pictures and ideas so YOU can make a homemade sensory board for your toddler or baby. Have you thought about making…
- Farmhouse Kitchen Canister Sets and Farmhouse Decor Ideas Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to kitchen decorating idea, but you would be hard pressed to find many that do not like the cozy, welcoming atmosphere of…
- Mason Jar Cupcakes – Easy DIY Cupcakes in a Jar Looking for come creative cupcakes ideas? Take a look below at these super easy mason jar cupcakes recipes and DIY how to instructions I've collected on this page. We've collected…
- YETI Coolers – Worth It? Or Just Hype? (YETI Reviews… YETI ice chest coolers... worth it? Or over-priced hype? Here's what I found out. Everywhere I look these days, someone has a YETI cooler or tumbler or coozie…. it’s crazy!…
- Unique and Easy Thanksgiving Desserts – Fun &… When coming up with ideas for Thanksgiving desserts, your sure don't want to make the same ol thing, right? How about trying one of the unique and easy Thanksgiving dessert…
- Tiny Laundry Room Ideas – Space Saving DIY Creative… Tiny Laundry Room Ideas and Pictures: If you have a small laundry room in your home or apartment, you know the struggle is REAL trying to get the most out…
- Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ Blender Review Is the Nutri Ninja Auto IQ Blender REALLY worth the money and all the "best blender EVER" hype? Are there better blender options than the Ninja Auto IQ model? Is…