• Affordable Farmhouse Style Kitchen Decor Ideas •
Looking to update your kitchen in farmhouse-style, but you’re on a budget? No problem! There are SO many farmhouse kitchen decorating ideas you can do very inexpensively!
Below is a ‘slideshow’ of our favorite budget-friendly kitchen decorating ideas for those that love country-farmhouse kitchens, modern farmhouse style kitchens, rustic farmhouse decor – or even shabby-chic farmhouse kitchens.
Just click each picture to see the next – or use the arrows.
And don’t miss our farmhouse kitchen makeover reveal video below the kitchen pictures!
You may also like:
Farmhouse Kitchen Tour
Watch this quick video and see inside a GORGEOUS farmhouse kitchen remodel reveal.
Despite what you may read in the trendiest kitchen design magazines, updating the look of your kitchen in farmhouse style really does not require that your spend a lot of time and money. There are some simple and inexpensive ways to give your kitchen a brand new farmhouse look.
Some small changes here and there in your kitchen can still create a big effect on how your kitchen looks.
You can get ideas about what you would like incorporate into your kitchen decorating and remodeling project from books, magazines, and internet sites dealing with farmhouse kitchen design and modern farmhouse decorating ideas.
There are 7 relatively low cost kitchen-decorating ideas to create a beautiful farmhouse kitchen:
1. Replacing the cabinet doors and fronts. Then you can reface the remaining fixtures. This will greatly change the whole look and feel of your kitchen.
2. Painting your cabinets white and changing the hardware, such as knobs, handles, or pulls.
3. Using solid core MFD doors, which are medium density fiberboard or timber. They can be fitted to a solid door base. This type of door can be painted to create any look you may want. Here’s how to paint your kitchen cabinets.
4. Using color to renovate the kitchen is another example of inexpensive kitchen decorating. You can paint your walls and cabinets. When it comes to painting your existing cabinetry, you can use decorative finishes. Some examples are creating a distressed finish to add an aged look, and faux and glazed finishes. These are all simple to do and cost effective.
5. Another area of the kitchen you can easily update is the faucet and sink. Nothing makes a kitchen get that true farmhouse feel than a gorgeous farmhouse sink!
It is possible to locate moderately priced sinks that can cost from $50 – $300. They are also available in many colors, and styles. Porcelain, stainless steel, and acrylic are the materials that are available for sinks. For faucets, you will find that they are available in many styles and finishes, and depending on the type of faucet can range in price from $50 to$750.
6. Another great affordable idea in kitchen decorating is to add a kitchen island. Kitchen islands are great for adding more counter space to the kitchen and provide a gathering place. If you do not have enough money or space to add a permanent kitchen island, but would like to have the advantages of one, you might consider as an alternative getting a kitchen cart. A kitchen cart can have wheels for rolling around, as well as have drawers, shelves, and places to hang utensils. Because they are on wheels they can be cleared out the way.
7. If your kitchen-decorating budget is so small that you can only afford to remodel a small area of your kitchen you might consider adding a kitchen backsplash. A new kitchen backsplash can really dress up a drab, uninspiring kitchen. Kitchen backsplashes are available in so many different styles, colors, and materials. The materials used for backsplashes can include, wood, porcelain, natural stone, glass, stainless steel, and even wallpaper. The costs vary depending on the material you select.
Our favorite backsplash idea for a farmhouse kitchen is subway tile – you can see some stunning subway tile DIY ideas here.
So you can see that redecorating your kitchen can be a simple thing like changing the hardware on your existing cabinetry or painting the walls. Just one small change can do a lot to make your kitchen look brand new and bring that homey farmhouse feel into YOUR kitchen.