Children love to snack and they usually turn up their noses when it comes to healthy snacks and food that is good for them. After they have filled their stomachs with greasy, salty chips or chocolate, you will be lucky if they will eat a nutritious meal. Grazing on unhealthy snacks is a habit that can be broken, but the kids actually need some help with that. They need to be presented with healthy kids snacks as an alternative to munching on foods that have no nutritional value or are harmful to their health.
Some children are mature enough to be educated on eating healthy and they will adapt quickly if they actually desire to take their health into their own hands. Most kids, however, do not really care about health, especially when it comes to snacks. Here are some ideas to present nutritional snacks to your kids:
Healthy Fruit Snack Ideas Kids Love
Most kids cannot resist a bowl full of fresh fruit. Provide a variety of fruits, some of which they have never tried. A variety of fruit is bound to appeal to even the pickiest eaters. Take the kids on a shopping spree to pick out fruit that looks interesting to them. For special treats, you could help the kids to make chocolate dipped fruits or banana popsicles.
Smoothies for Kids
Smoothies are a great alternative to milkshakes and are actually healthy snacks that kids love. You can use yogurt, fresh fruit and low fat milk and whip up a smoothie in the blender in seconds. Many children will enjoy making their own smoothies so it might be a good idea to get them involved.
Getting Kids to Eat Vegetables
Believe it or not, children are more likely to eat vegetables if they grow them themselves. Gardening is an excellent adventure and a great way to spend quality time with your kids. At harvest time, prepare a snack tray with veggies and low-fat dip. You might even try preparing celery with peanut butter as a snack.
Kids also like food that they can make on their own.
Healthy Snack Mix for Kids
Grain based and granola cereals and whole wheat crackers are a lot healthier than other snacks that are a choice of children. Mixing these cereals with nuts, raisins or other dried fruit can make a healthy kids snack that they can munch on.
Juice Snacks for Kids
If your children refuse to eat fruits and vegetables for snacks, you can always pass it off as juice to ensure that your kids get the nutrition that they desperately need.
You can run fresh fruit and veggies through a juicer and come up with a homemade juice that is sure to get attention. You might even try making a slush out of the juice by running it through a blender full of ice. You can also make popsicles out of freshly made fruit and vegetable juice.
Healthy Popsicle Snacks for Kids
This is the easiest snack to prepare! Just get store bought Popsicle makers or containers and fill them with 100% fruit juice. Freeze these containers, and don’t forget to stick a Popsicle stick in it if it doesn’t have one already.
They’re really healthy, and you can make many at a time and in varying flavors. You can even make one flavor for every day of the school week, and then you’ll be done with all the snacks for that week!
Yogurt and Pudding Snacks
This is a great and healthy snack!! A cup of yogurt or pudding will fulfill one dairy serving for your child. You can buy these at almost any grocery store. Yogurt would be the healthier option. They even have yogurt cups that come with fruit mixed in it. For a child with a sweet tooth, pudding is good too. Be sure to look at the nutritional facts posted on the package of pudding. Things to look for are: low-fat and no trans-fat, these would be your best picks.
Home Made Oatmeal Cookies
Make these during the weekend and your kids can have them anytime during the week for as long as supplies last! Oatmeal cookies are high in grains and fiber, and if you make them at home, you can control how much sugar you put in. Try using no sugar with your cookies, and putting a few bittersweet chocolate bits on top of each one before popping them into the oven. These will provide sweetness, and it’s a good twist to an old recipe.
Fruit and Cheese Snacks for Kids
One of the simplest and easiest healthy snacks. Your kids can even prepare these themselves. Just a few slices of cheese and some apples and grapes are already enough to fill one serving of dairy and one serving of fruit. You can also choose to serve some whole wheat crackers with the cheese in order to throw in a grain serving.
Fun Fruit Men Snack for Kids
These are fun to make snacks. They can be as simple as a banana with raisin eyes and a cut out mouth. You can prepare fruit men ahead of time and place them in a Tupperware container then in the fridge. These snacks require a bit more time than most, but they’re fun to eat, and can actually be a fun activity for you and your kids.
Fruit Snacks Ideas For Kids
How about this Batman healthy fruit snack?!!? That’s a fun way to get your kids to eat healthy.
image credits: facebook
Pin for later….
Pin these healthy kid snacks on Pinterest.
Pin Any Image From This Page:
- Brilliant and Easy Baby Closet Organization and Nursery… Want to easily organize the nursery closet? Need some organization ideas, tips, hacks, and DIY inspiration to completely organize your baby's closet? You're in the right place! On this page…
- Small Kitchen DIY Ideas – Before & After Remodel… Tiny Kitchen DIY Ideas: If you have a tiny kitchen AND you're on a budget, a small kitchen remodel can seem almost impossible with limited space and limited funds. Good…
- Baby Led Weaning: My Experience, Tips, First Foods and Tips Ready to start baby-led weaning (called BLW for short or referred to as 'baby led feeding')? Here’s some advice and tips from a mom who knows how to do baby-led…
- 12+ Unique DIY Sensory Board Ideas for Toddlers Busy board ideas! Lots of unique DIY sensory board pictures and ideas so YOU can make a homemade sensory board for your toddler or baby. Have you thought about making…
- Farmhouse Kitchen Canister Sets and Farmhouse Decor Ideas Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to kitchen decorating idea, but you would be hard pressed to find many that do not like the cozy, welcoming atmosphere of…
- Mason Jar Cupcakes – Easy DIY Cupcakes in a Jar Looking for come creative cupcakes ideas? Take a look below at these super easy mason jar cupcakes recipes and DIY how to instructions I've collected on this page. We've collected…
- YETI Coolers – Worth It? Or Just Hype? (YETI Reviews… YETI ice chest coolers... worth it? Or over-priced hype? Here's what I found out. Everywhere I look these days, someone has a YETI cooler or tumbler or coozie…. it’s crazy!…
- Unique and Easy Thanksgiving Desserts – Fun &… When coming up with ideas for Thanksgiving desserts, your sure don't want to make the same ol thing, right? How about trying one of the unique and easy Thanksgiving dessert…
- Tiny Laundry Room Ideas – Space Saving DIY Creative… Tiny Laundry Room Ideas and Pictures: If you have a small laundry room in your home or apartment, you know the struggle is REAL trying to get the most out…
- Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ Blender Review Is the Nutri Ninja Auto IQ Blender REALLY worth the money and all the "best blender EVER" hype? Are there better blender options than the Ninja Auto IQ model? Is…