Let’s look at some unique ways to organize a small room with some creative DIY storage ideas. Small space storage solutions on a budget. If you are thinking about some creative storage ideas for small spaces it is best to think outside the box (excuse the pun). There are plenty of artistic ways to store items such as candles, shoes and magazines. All you need is a little know how, paint and some bits and pieces. So use those left over screws and paint from your last renovation and put them to some use.
A good place to start is with hanging objects. Whether it’s your little daughter with too many handbags or you with too many coats, hanging objects up is a great idea to empty some floor space. A great idea is take a garden trellis and paint it. If your room has a theme colour, use that to paint the wood. Screw in hangers where the trellis wood crosses over each other. Once the paint is dry and the hangers are secure, mount it on the wall.
Lynk Professional Roll Out Under Sink Cabinet Organizer - Pull Out Two Tier Sliding Shelf - 11.5 inch wide x 18 inch deep - Chrome
- 2 tier slide out shelves organize those difficult under sink areas in kitchen, bathroom and laundry room cabinets
- Reversible design works in either the right or left side of cabinets and the top shelf includes a removable tray to hold wet sponges and brushes
- Professionally engineered with commercial quality steel and chrome construction
- Patented ProGlide industrial-grade ball bearing glide system ensures smooth, quiet sliding every time
- Proprietary Easy Mount design installs in minutes with no measuring
Another fantastic way to make use of wall rather than floor space, is to collect old fruit or soda wooden crates. You can paint them to look more formal, or leave them in their rustic wooden state for a more natural look. Mount them onto the wall in groups. You can store books, photographs, vases or any other display items in the crates.
Students living in a dorm or large families that have to share one bathroom are always looking for innovative ways to hang their towels. Most standard bathrooms come with only one or two towel hangers, which is not enough if there are four or five of you. One idea is to use short wooden curtain rails and mount them for more space.
source: nursery closet organizer ideas
Another idea for those with a bit more time and creativity is to use an old ladder as a storage unit. You can paint or spray paint the ladder and use the rungs to hang your towels from. Just prop the ladder up against the wall or if the towels are wet, open the ladder so the towels hang away from each other.
Furinno 99940LC/IV Basic 3x2 Bookcase Storage w/Bins, Light Cherry/Ivory
1 used from $ 25.81
- Simple stylish design yet functional and suitable for any room
- Material: Engineered particle board.
- Sturdy some assembly required
- Sturdy on flat surface. Some assembly required. Please see instruction.
- Holds up to 20 lbs per shelf. Product dimension: 31.6(W)x11.9(D)x23.6(H) inches.
Children have more stuff than most adults with all their toys and crafts. Use a toy box to keep the toys all together. If your child is old enough, think about raising their bed. Loft beds are wonderful as they are high up, allowing plenty of room underneath for extra small cabinets, and even a table. This will free up some floor space for them to play in.
If you want to store your items for long periods, remember to pack them correctly. Instead of packing your clothes in one box and your glasses in another, use your clothes to wrap your glasses in. They will help against breakages and keep your glass protected.
Furinno 99940 Basic 3X2 Bookcase Storage with 3-Collapsible Bins - Espresso/Brown
- Muti-functional shelf for display and storage
- Available in multiple modern colors
- Non-woven bins included for loose stuff
- Weight: 29.48 lbs
- Dimensions: 11.9"L x 31.6"W x 23.6"H
There are plenty of ways of storing items. If you are someone who keeps everything chances are you already have all the materials to create great storage units. Have a look in the shops for storage ideas and inspiration. Get your friends and family involved with the painting and creating. DIY can be great fun so go wild.